Atlanta Brain Injury Attorney
Causes of Brain Injuries
The brain is the control center for all of the major functions of the body: movement, eating and digestion, reproduction, breathing and circulation, etc. When the brain becomes injured the results can be anything from difficulties remembering to complete unconsciousness. The Tolson Firm, LLC has helped many individuals and families to negotiate high value settlements when loved ones have suffered from brain injury due to medical malpractice. Brain injury can cause partial or full paralysis of limbs and/or organs within the body.
Other possible symptoms include:
- Emotional problems such as severe depression or intense anger
- Inability to control bodily functions
- Personality alterations
- Difficulty speaking
- Inability to concentrate
- Memory problems
Recovering from a Brain Injury: What You Need to Know
A brain injury can have a significant impact on your life, and it's important to understand the recovery process. Our Atlanta brain injury attorneys have years of experience helping clients navigate the challenges of recovering from a brain injury, and we can help you too.
Here are some things you should know about recovering from a brain injury:
- Recovery times vary: The length of time it takes to recover from a brain injury can vary greatly depending on the severity of the injury and other factors. Some people may recover in a matter of weeks, while others may require months or even years of rehabilitation.
- Rehabilitation is key: Rehabilitation is often a crucial part of the recovery process for brain injury patients. This can include physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, and other forms of therapy to help patients regain lost abilities.
- Support is essential: Recovering from a brain injury can be a difficult and isolating experience, and it's important to have a strong support system in place. This can include family, friends, and professionals like therapists and support groups.
- You may be entitled to compensation: If your brain injury was caused by another person or entity's negligence, you may be entitled to compensation. Our Atlanta brain injury attorneys can help you pursue compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages.
If you or a loved one has suffered a brain injury, don't hesitate to reach out to The Tolson Firm, LLC. Our experienced Atlanta brain injury attorneys can help you understand your legal options and guide you through the recovery process.
Understanding the Long-Term Effects of Brain Injuries
A brain injury can have a significant impact on an individual's life, not just in the short term, but in the long term as well. It's important to understand the potential long-term effects of a brain injury so you can take steps to manage and minimize them.
Some possible long-term effects of a brain injury include:
- Chronic pain
- Cognitive impairment
- Depression and anxiety
- Memory loss
- Reduced mobility
- Sensory or perceptual changes
Our Atlanta brain injury attorneys understand the complexities and challenges that come with a brain injury. We work closely with medical professionals, rehabilitation specialists, and other experts to ensure that our clients receive the care and support they need to manage their injuries and achieve the best possible outcome. If you or a loved one has suffered a brain injury, contact us today to schedule a consultation.
Seeking Compensation for Your Brain Injury
If you or a loved one has suffered a brain injury due to someone else's negligence or wrongdoing, you may be entitled to compensation for your damages. Our Atlanta brain injury attorneys at The Tolson Firm, LLC are dedicated to helping brain injury victims and their families seek the justice and financial recovery they deserve.
When pursuing a brain injury claim, it is important to understand that you may be eligible for various types of compensation, including:
- Medical expenses: This includes the cost of hospital stays, surgeries, medications, rehabilitation, and ongoing medical care.
- Lost wages: If your brain injury has caused you to miss work or has affected your ability to earn a living, you may be entitled to compensation for the income you have lost.
- Pain and suffering: Brain injuries can result in physical pain, emotional distress, and a decreased quality of life. Compensation can be sought for these non-economic damages.
- Disability and future expenses: If your brain injury has caused permanent disability or will require ongoing care or accommodations, you may be entitled to compensation for these future expenses.
- Loss of consortium: If your brain injury has affected your relationship with your spouse or family members, compensation may be available for the loss of companionship and support.
Our experienced brain injury attorneys will thoroughly evaluate your case, gather evidence, and work with medical experts to determine the full extent of your damages. We will then fight aggressively to negotiate a fair settlement or, if necessary, take your case to court to seek the maximum compensation on your behalf.
Contact The Tolson Firm, LLC today to schedule a free consultation with our Atlanta brain injury attorneys. We are here to listen to your story, answer your questions, and provide the skilled legal representation you need during this challenging time.
How Can an Atlanta Medical Malpractice Attorney Help You?
Medical malpractice causes of brain injuries often occur when surgical errors are made. Birth injuries can lead to a permanent brain injury, forever changing the future of the child and their family. Brain injuries can also occur when the brain is denied sufficient oxygen due to anesthesia error. A brain injury can cause tragic effects for a family and the resulting financial burden to can cause tremendous strain. If medical malpractice or medical negligence was the cause of the brain injury, it is likely that you have the right to pursue financial compensation from the responsible parties.
Our firm has been helping families who have suffered from the negligence of others for close to two decades. We are dedicated to helping them recover resources to help them deal with the effects of malpractice and negligence and to bring them some kind of justice. We understand how difficult this time can be for a family or the victim. We want to help. We are proud of our record of success for our clients.
Contact an Atlanta brain injury lawyer at our firm today to consult with us concerning your case. Don't allow medical malpractice to go unchecked.
Medical Malpractice Verdict
Injury and death during outpatient procedure.
Settlement for wrongful death resulting from building code violations.
Wrongful death of an 81 year old patient where doc failed to monitor kidney function while giving high doses of Valacyclovir
Wrongful death of father and son while repairing ceiling tiles in train station.
Botched gallbladder removal verdict.
5-star From the Beginning
“My experience with the Tolson Firm LLC was 5-star from the very beginning.”
Returned Calls & Emails Promptly
“She was always available for advice and returned my calls and emails promptly.”
Caring & Empathetic Responses
“Her caring and empathic responses assured me that I was not alone, and this encouraged me to not give up.”
Free Case Evaluations
25 Years of Legal Experience
Award-winning Legal Counsel
Tens of Millions of Dollars Recovered for Clients
- medical malpractice,
- personal injury
Filing a Birth Injury Lawsuit in Georgia: Steps and Legal Considerations Understanding Birth Injuries Birth injuries refer to any damages a newborn sustains during childbirth due to medical ...Read More
- medical malpractice,
- personal injury
When undergoing surgery or other medical procedures, patients trust their healthcare providers to administer anesthesia correctly and safely. However, anesthesia errors can occur, resulting in serious ...Read More
- medical malpractice
Medical malpractice is a complex area of personal injury law, and it's no surprise that there are many myths and misconceptions surrounding it. As a personal injury firm, we at The Tolson Firm, LLC, ...Read More