Audrey Tolson has practiced in Atlanta, Georgia for 26 years, specializing in medical malpractice, wrongful death and other catastrophic injury cases, including premises liability & trucking cases. In 1998, Audrey was personally recruited and hired by the late Johnnie L. Cochran Jr. and was tasked with launching the Atlanta office of the then newly formed Cochran Firm national law firm, where she practiced until launching The Tolson Firm in 2011.
The Tolson Firm is a boutique law practice specializing in high damage and complex medical malpractice and wrongful death cases. Because of her in-depth knowledge and experience with legal-medical issues, Ms. Tolson is often invited to participate in trial teams with colleagues. Over the years, Audrey has personally handled a number of high-profile civil matters. As a result of her work on these high-profile cases, she has been invited to appear on CNN & HLN as a guest legal commentator on various cases. Since becoming a registered mediator, Ms. Tolson has used her experience to help others resolve the types of complex cases that she has litigated throughout her career. She has served as mediator as well settlement administrator for large multi-party cases after resolution.
- B.S. Georgia Tech, 1991
- J.D. Georgia State, 1995
- All Georgia Courts, State & Federal, 1995
- Brown V. Southeastern Pain Specialist, Et Al, $21.98 Million Verdicts In Medical Malpractice/ Wrongful Death Case. The Case Centered Around A Failure To Timely Respond To An Emergency Situation During An Epidural Procedure.
- Shulman V. Georgia Department Of Transportation, $7.6 Million Verdicts. Bicyclist Suffered Catastrophic Long-Term Injuries When His Bicycle Tire Became Lodged In An Open Longitudinal Joint Causing Him To Be Thrown From His Bicycle.
- Attorneys Information Exchange Group
- Georgia Association of Black Women Attorneys
- Georgia Association of Women Lawyers
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association Champion Member
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association PAC Board of Directors (past chair)
- Lawyers Club of Atlanta
- National Bar Association (ADR Section member)
MEMBERSHIP & COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- Genesis Innovation Academy Statewide Charter School, Board Member 2016-2019
- Redemption Church – Board Member 2015-2019
- Greater Atlanta Christian School Leadership Council 2017-2018
- Georgia Tech Board Of Advisors For School Of Economics 2020-Present
AWARDS & RANKINGS
- National Law Journal Top 50 Verdicts 2015
- 2015 CVN Million Dollar Verdict Circle
- Georgia Verdict Hall Of Fame Finalist 2014
- GTLA Presidential Award 2014
- Super Lawyer 2010 - Present
- Super Lawyer Rising Star 2009