Injured? What Happens Next?
Speak with a malpractice attorney at once!
If you have suffered serious illness or injury, or if you have lost a loved one from medical malpractice or medical negligence, the first step to take is to contact an
Atlanta medical malpractice attorney at The Tolson Firm, LLC to discuss your case. Our firm will be able to provide you with valuable advice and legal counsel. There are additional steps you can take that will help your attorney to better evaluate your case and determine the correct course of action.
Dedicated Representation - Seeking Justice & Recompense
There are documents and information that your attorney will need in order to help you with your claim. Here is a partial list of what will be needed:
- A list of your doctors, nurses and any other health care providers involved with their contact information (Names, addresses, numbers, name of hospital associated with if applicable).
- Your medical records will provide much valuable information.
- A list will be needed of all the prescription medicines that you have taken, including the dosage amount. This information should be listed on the label of any medications.
- The name of your health insurance company with phone numbers of anyone you have been speaking with there and a copy of your health insurance policy should be provided to your attorney. You should also include the same for any disability insurance you are receiving.
- Copies of any bills or invoices that you have received for medical treatment, even if they have been paid by your insurance.
- Some kind of evidence of lost wages will be needed. If you have no such documents, your attorney will be able to request them from your employer.
- Emails or documents from the defendant as well as any other documents related to your claim should be provided to your attorney.
Medical Malpractice Lawyer Serving Atlanta
It may seem a bit overwhelming to gather this information, particularly when you are injured or ill. We understand this and we will work with you to obtain and preserve the information and evidence required for your claim. We want you to know that we have dealt with these challenging situations in the past and our job is to help you, not to make your life more complicated. If you are wondering what to do after an injury from
medical malpractice or negligence,
contact an Atlanta medical malpractice lawyer at our firm for compassionate and knowledgeable assistance.